changing the icon

Hi.

I wanted to change the icon, however, something in eaglefiler keeps changing back the icon. I change the app icon in the /applications menu. Does anyone have a clue, which other icon I have to change, too?

Thanks.

To change the EagleFiler application icon you would need to replace the EagleFiler.icns file inside the application bundle.

Changing the EagleFiler Icon
Michael,

“To change the EagleFiler application icon you would need to replace the EagleFiler.icns file inside the application bundle.”

I changed the EagleFiler.icns inside the resources folder in the EF package contents and rebooted. No change. The EF icon remains the same. Any other suggestions?

Regards,
Gene

Where are you not seeing the change? I can’t imagine that this wouldn’t work, since the EagleFiler.icns file is the only place that the icon is stored.

Changing the EagleFiler Icon

Michael,

It’s the EF icon in the dock that reverts to the original EF icon. The new icon always appears in the Applications folder, Get Info and in the package contents. And when I reboot, the new icon appears in the dock. At first, the new icon still appears as I start copying www sites by command-% or F1. Then the icon reverts during a copy or during indexing. I have not counted how many copies are made before this happens. It befuddles me also because EF is the only program I know of that reverts to its old icon. Should I lock the image in Get Info?

Regards,
Gene

I can only guess that you have more than one copy of EagleFiler installed and that you’ve changed the icon for one but not for the one that you’re currently using.

No.

Changing EagleFiler Icon
Michael,

I found the problem, and it is me. I thought I changed the .icns file - but I didn’t. The Finder and Get Info windows showed the new icon so I thought all was done. But I discovered that the icon was not changed when I opened the .icns file itself. There was the old EagleFiler icon. This time I changed the icon, and this time, all seems done.

Sorry to bother you.

Regards,
Gene