Mac OS X 10.6.1

i installed the snow leopard 10.6.1 seed this am and now spamsieve comains that it’s not compatible with mail 4.1. anything i can do here?

same thing
also installed 10.6.1 and it says not compatible. Tried the terminal command mentioned in another post and got “cannot open” when I tried again got “(No such file or directory)”. Reinstalled the program and got same thing. When I went to get info it shows as a Universal program and not an intel. Ideas?

Mac OS X 10.6.1 is under NDA. If you would like to try a pre-release version of SpamSieve, please contact spamsieve@c-command.com.

If the Terminal command:

file ~/Library/Mail/Bundles/SpamSieve.mailbundle/Contents/MacOS/SpamSieve

doesn’t work, that’s probably because your SpamSieve plug-in isn’t installed. Get Info is not suitable because it can only tell whether the executable is universal (PowerPC and Intel), not whether it’s 64-bit. I think the only reason for it not to be 64-bit would be if you had run a “slimming” utility. Don’t do that. :slight_smile:

Me too
After upgrading to 10.6.1, Mail disables the plugin at startup. I restored the plug and ran the file command:

/Users/aferguson/Library/Mail/Bundles/SpamSieve.mailbundle/Contents/MacOS/SpamSieve: Mach-O universal binary with 4 architectures
/Users/aferguson/Library/Mail/Bundles/SpamSieve.mailbundle/Contents/MacOS/SpamSieve (for architecture i386): Mach-O bundle i386
/Users/aferguson/Library/Mail/Bundles/SpamSieve.mailbundle/Contents/MacOS/SpamSieve (for architecture ppc7400): Mach-O bundle ppc
/Users/aferguson/Library/Mail/Bundles/SpamSieve.mailbundle/Contents/MacOS/SpamSieve (for architecture ppc64): Mach-O 64-bit bundle ppc64
/Users/aferguson/Library/Mail/Bundles/SpamSieve.mailbundle/Contents/MacOS/SpamSieve (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64

The Console message was:

09/04/2009 04 Sep-13:30:14 Mail[4431]

Plugin compatibility check failed for SpamSieve.mailbundle. The plugin’s Info.plist must have a SupportedPluginCompatibilityUUIDs key whose value is an array of strings that contains the compatibility UUIDs for the supported versions of the Mail application and Message framework. The compatibility UUID values are found in the PluginCompatibilityUUID key of their respective Info.plists

This version is now publicly available as SpamSieve 2.7.6.

Re: MacOS X 10.6.1
I downloaded this most recent update and installed it, told SpamSieve to install the plugin, but the Apple Mail program in 10.6.1 still tells me it disables it when Mail is launched.

Which version does SpamSieve report when you choose “About SpamSieve” from the “SpamSieve” menu?

The About Box indicates 2.7.6.
Includes Plug-In Versions:
Apple Mail: 1.4.4 (10.5, 10.6); 1.3.1 (10.4)
(I’m not using the Eudora or Thunderbird Plugins.)

Okay that’s strange! I quit Apple Mail again, and told the SpamSieve to install the Plug-in a second time and it worked! Now that I think about it, I’m not sure I did a Repair Permissions after I installed 10.6.1, not sure if that would make a difference.

Seems to be working fine after my second install.

I got it all working… however:

Still I encounter something strange:

Whenever Spamsieve found a spam mail (which it does as well as it did in previous versions), in OSX 10.6.1 it automatically puts itself to the foreground and opens the Statistics window. Very strange behaviour.

Strange, yes. I’ve heard no other reports of that, and I think the only code in SpamSieve that auto-opens the Statistics window is when it first launches and finds that the corpus is empty.

10.6.1 woes
Hi Michael:

I upgraded to 10.6.1 two days ago and SpamSieve promptly stopped loading when Mail starts. I’ve tried removing it entirely from the system and reinstalling a fresh copy, which you’ve recommended to others, and that’s not working. Any advice?

thanks,

Darren

Please define “stopped loading.” Have you tried choosing “Install Apple Mail Plug-In” from the SpamSieve menu?

Hi Michael:

When I opened Mail, SpamSieve would not open with it. I had installed the Apple Mail Rule from within SpamSieve.

I just noticed something else, though – on install, Snow Leopard disabled the SpamSieve Rule but none of my other rules. I had activated it on my previous attempt but had not noticed something else: Snow Leopard also changed the second line of the Rule to read “Move Message to mailbox Mail” instead of “Move Message to mailbox Spam.” I’ve corrected this and will let you know if it solves the problem.

Well, it’s not necessarily supposed to.

I’m sorry, I should have been more specific. SpamSieve was not opening when mail arrived, which almost always happens when I’ve been away from the computer and am reopening Mail.

Since I posted last, I received several pieces of mail, and SpamSieve opened properly. So far so good; if it sorts out the spam, I’m fine.

What really surprised me was not so much that the SpamSieve Rule was disabled, but that it was actually changed.

All good now
Hi Michael:

Pleased to report that after reinstalling SpamSieve from a clean copy and rebuilding the SpamSieve rule in Mail after Snow Leopard deactivated and modified it, all’s working fine now. Thanks again for the time you put into this software; it’s worth every penny.

Spam Sieve disable since 10.6 install
hi, all previous suggestions don’t seem to solve this for me.

As soon as I installed Snow Leopard, and stared up Mail… I got a message saying that Mail has disable the ’ Incompatible Plug in’ Spam Sieve.

Then all my mail including good and spam , went into the SPAM mailbox…

I’ve tried reinstalling etc… but no joy…

Please can you help… it’s making life a real pain !

thanks
Norm

Please make sure that you are using SpamSieve 2.7.6 (you can tell by choosing “About SpamSieve” from the SpamSieve menu) and then choose “Install Apple Mail Plug-In” from the SpamSieve menu. Also, please look in the folders:

/Users/<username>/Library/Mail/Bundles
/Library/Mail/Bundles

What do you see there?

Hi Michael,
I have 2.7.6 running and I did Install the plug in for Apple Mail previously. I’ve checked the folders and in <username>/Library/Mail/Bundles … there is a folder called SpamSieve.mailbundle , but there is also another folder in /Mail called Bundles (Disabled) with nothing in it.

However… in /Library/Mail/Bundles there are the same folders, but an additional 20 or so folders called Bundles (Disabled 1), Bundles (Disabled 2) etc etc…
One folder called Bundles ( Disabled) has a PersonalAntispamForMail.mailbundle in it , which was was part of an Intego Antispam program, but I had uninstalled it ages ago.

Thanks
Norman