SpamSieve & Apple Mail: spam messages aren't being coloured

I’m using Apple Mail under Mac OS X 10.4.8 and have set up SpamSieve to work with my four IMAP accounts. I have four separate rules (named “SpamSieve - accountname”) to move each account’s spammy messages into its own “Spam: accountname” folder on the IMAP server.

SpamSieve is identifying spammy messages OK and moving them into the relevant folders. However it isn’t colouring the messages to indicate their level of spamminess. I’ve used the “SpamSieve - Change Settings” menu item and have the option set to colourise the messages: but it just isn’t happening.

Any thoughts, please?

I’m not sure why that would be. Many SpamSieve users have it set to color messages in IMAP spam folders. I just tested this myself, and I’ve not heard any other reports of this not working. So I suggest changing your configuration a little to narrow down where the problem might be. For example, does it color the messages if you set it to use a single local folder? Or a single IMAP mailbox? Do you have any other rules that color messages?