Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can DropDMG make a .iso?

  1. #1

    Default Can DropDMG make a .iso?

    I realize this is a bit outside probable design goals for DropDMG, but is there any way to get it to generate a .iso instead of a .dmg?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kolepard View Post
    I realize this is a bit outside probable design goals for DropDMG, but is there any way to get it to generate a .iso instead of a .dmg?
    Yes, this is possible in some circumstances. What are you trying to accomplish?

  3. #3

    Default

    Well, I would like to make .iso's of my home movies that I've burned to DVDs so that I can handle single files instead of many VIDEO_TS folders. It's just too easy to drop something into a folder by mistake and mess things up.

    On a different matter, it'd be handy sometimes if the read/write images could be configured as .sparseimage

    Kevin

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kolepard View Post
    Well, I would like to make .iso's of my home movies that I've burned to DVDs so that I can handle single files instead of many VIDEO_TS folders.
    I haven’t tried it, but that should work. Set the format to .cdr and then drag the DVD onto DropDMG.

    Quote Originally Posted by kolepard View Post
    On a different matter, it'd be handy sometimes if the read/write images could be configured as .sparseimage
    I’m working on it.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kolepard View Post
    I realize this is a bit outside probable design goals for DropDMG, but is there any way to get it to generate a .iso instead of a .dmg?
    This feature was added in DropDMG 3.0.

Similar Threads

  1. Will DropDMG do this?
    By erbeman in forum DropDMG
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 02:58 PM
  2. Make new text file?
    By AmberV in forum EagleFiler
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 05:33 PM
  3. Does DropDMG copy all metadata?
    By nekomatic in forum DropDMG
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 06:45 PM
  4. DropDMG DMGs failing to mount
    By frez in forum DropDMG
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 11:33 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 10:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •