SpamSieve 2.9.8

The following was posted on the SpamSieve blog:

Version 2.9.8 of SpamSieve is now available. This is a free update that includes the following changes:

• SpamSieve is now compatible with Mac OS X 10.8.5.
  • Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
  • The Train as Good
    command in Apple Mail now considers the message’s CC recipients when determining the proper account inbox. - The installer is better at working around incorrect Apple Mail folder permissions.
  • Improved the Why is SpamSieve not catching my spam?, Open Log, Setting Up Outlook, SpamSieve and Multiple Macs, and various other sections of the manual.
  • The AppleScript for Setting Up a Spam Filtering Drone runs faster now.
  • Automatic software updates no longer fail if Hazel is set to move files in the Downloads folder.
  • The Help
    menu now includes direct links to important sections of the manual. - Removed unused code from the Apple Mail plug-in.

SpamSieve 2.9.8 works with Mac OS X 10.5 through 10.8 and requires an e-mail client. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of SpamSieve, please see the version history.

Installed the Mountain Lion update, found Spamsieve in need of an upgrade, and then did that. Spamsieve no longer flags spam according to the rules that have been operational for a year. The spam appears to go to the Trash Mailbox, as well as a couple good emails. The “train as good” and “train as spam” options are not available.

My setup has been working flawlessly for at least a year, but todays upgrades seem to have wrecked everything.

It sounds like the Mac OS X 10.8.5 update disabled your SpamSieve 2.9.7 plug-in. Without the plug-in, you won’t see the SpamSieve commands in Mail, and every message will go to the Spam mailbox. You can fix this by choosing Install Apple Mail Plug-In from the SpamSieve menu (after updating to SpamSieve 2.9.8). Or, in most cases, if you launch the new version of SpamSieve it will automatically detect that the plug-in was disabled and fix it.

Thank you!

I was dreading sitting down at my desk this morning and having to wade through all the spam. With that chore behind me, I followed your advice, reinstalled the plug-in, and now SpamSieve is functioning properly again.

I had same issue but even the scripts were not showing up in the menu bar after activating the plugin. Once I restarted Mail, they showed up correctly.