Thread: Smart Folder Actions

Default Smart Folder Actions

I have a smart folder that has a condition X. The smart folder has also an Action - moving to folder A. My assumption is that if a record meets condition X it would be moved to Folder A. That does not happen - I see the records in the smart folder, but they don't move to Folder A. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,

Daniel,

Quote Originally Posted by imlad View Post
    I have a smart folder that has a condition X. The smart folder has also an Action - moving to folder A. My assumption is that if a record meets condition X it would be moved to Folder A. That does not happen - I see the records in the smart folder, but they don't move to Folder A. Is my understanding correct?
    Smart folder actions are applied when you drag a record onto the smart folder, not simply because the record is displayed in the smart folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Smart folder actions are applied when you drag a record onto the smart folder, not simply because the record is displayed in the smart folder.
    Thank you Michael, I see. If there were an option to have the Actions be performed on an object whenever it appeared in a smart folder I think it would make for some powerful functionality.

Daniel.