eaglefiler and mail 5 in os x lion

Hi,

I’m using the trial version of EagleFiler right now in Lion and have run into an issue importing email messages:

Using my “capture with options” shortcut

1. With Mail in full screen mode, I get the error “The capture script for Mail reported an error. Make sure that a viewer window is in front.”

2. With Mail in full screen mode and the message popped out into its own window, I get the error “The capture script for Mail reported an error. Make sure that a viewer window is in front.”

3. With Mail in “normal” (non-full screen) mode and the message popped out into its own window, I get the error “The capture script for Mail reported an error. Make sure that a viewer window is in front.”

4. With With Mail in “normal” (non-full screen) mode without the message popped out into its own window, I am able to import the message. The imported item, however, is a complicated nest of folders that ultimately contains three copies of the message. (The same thing happens if I use the “Capture” (without options) shortcut.)

Using the DropPad, Drag to App Icon, Drag to Library Window

The import works just fine.

Maybe this is a bug, or maybe I’m just doing something wrong? I poked around in the forums, but didn’t find anything on this.

Otherwise, EF is kicking butt so far!

[Note: The message in question is not part of one of Mail’s new “conversations”; it’s just an isolated message.]

Ian

The capture key currently does not work when Mail is in full screen mode. I’m working on a fix.

EagleFiler always captures from Mail’s main window, the kind that it creates when you choose File > New Viewer Window. If this kind of window is not frontmost, it will complain to make sure that you don’t think you’re importing something else.

That’s not how it’s supposed to work. I’m seeing some different layouts of Mail’s data store in the wild than I did when testing on pre-release builds of Lion, so it’s working in some cases and not working in others. Until a fix is ready, I recommend not using the capture key in Mail under Lion. If anyone is running into this issue, please contact me via e-mail so that I can verify that the fix works on your Mac.

OK, thanks for the heads up!

EagleFiler 1.5.5 supports capturing from Apple Mail in Full Screen mode and also fixes the problem where sometimes mailboxes were imported as a nest of folders.