Archiving Eudora Email

With the projected inability to run Eudora in OSX 10.7 there will be many folks, including myself, who need a plan. Does EagleFiler archive Eudora emails WITH attachments? Even importing without attachments would be helpful.
I use Eudora at my business. Thunderbird is used at home and I just tried archiving a Thunderbird messager folder and learned capture is not supported.
At the office I have tens of thousands of emails, so one-by-one-capture is not practical, of course.

Unfortunately, Eudora removes the attachments from the messages before saving them in mailbox files. EagleFiler does not know how to recombine them, so it will import the messages without the attachments. However, utilities such as Eudora Mailbox Cleaner will try to reassemble the messages before importing, and this should let you get the attachments into EagleFiler. The Importing Mail page describes this, as well as how you can import entire mailboxes from Thunderbird, rather than individual messages one-by-one.

Thank you for this info. Either approach is “good enough” for this transition, which may also include a transition from POP to IMAP.

On the Eudora Mailboxes Cleaner WEB site I saw:
Eudora Mailboxes Cleaner is compiled as PPC-only application. Due to the fact that it makes use of many features of CodeWarrior’s PowerPlant framework, it cannot be ported to Xcode which would be required to make it an universal application. However, it runs just fine on Intel machines under Rosetta.
Thus Eudora Mailbox Cleaner 4.9 must be used PRIOR to upgrading to OSX 10.7.