Slow navigation in smart folders

Hi! Opening smart folders and browsing files in my smart folders is sometimes quite slow . EF freezes sometimes for a few seconds, and the CPU usage is high. What can be the reason? Is does not seem to be related to the number of files in the smart folders or the number of criteria.

My EF database consists of 4750 files (2,6GB)

The speed of smart folders is related to both the number of records in the library (or the folder that you chose to search) and the number and kind of criteria. I’m doing some optimization work on smart folders, so if you post some screenshots showing what criteria you’re using, I’ll see if I can make them go faster.

One smart folder that is nearly impossible to use due to freezing is only based on two tags (all records tagged with let’s say “gtd” and “mac”)

I’ve checked my smart folders and it seems that smart folders that only look for a specific word in the documents are very fast and easy to use, while smart folders based on tags are quite slow, sometimes extremely slow

Please send me an e-mail, and I’ll get you a version of EagleFiler that’s faster at this.

Wow, cool, thanks a lot! Email is sent!

Smart folders that search by tag are much faster in EagleFiler 1.5.