Filtering to multiple inboxes broken?

Using Apple Mail, I have three POP and one IMAP inbox, and the general SpamSeive rule doesn’t quite work as I expected.

“Good” mail for inbox 1 is returned properly to inbox 1, but “good” mail for inboxes 2,3 and 4 is left as “unread” in the Spam folder.

I was expecting that the “good” messages would be returned to their respective inboxes. The logs show the messages as being marked good (sample below) with no other text indicating their odd disposition.

Can I do this using separate spam mailboxes for each account? (4.2.6 in the manual?)

I’m using SpamSieve 2.4.4 on OS X 10.4.7 (PPC), with Apple Mail 2.1 (752/752.2)

-Jimbo

=====================================================================
Predicted: Good (0)
Subject: 2006 End of Year Scholarship Report
Identifier: ybVZa+P1AhVu7VoI0yYBZg==
Reason: looked up message in corpus
Date: 2006-08-31 14:48:20 -0700

I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking. Are you referring to good messages in the Spam mailbox not being moved back to the inbox when you use the “SpamSieve - Train as Good” command? If so, that has nothing to do with the rule; the rule affects what happens to incoming messages, not trained messages. Also, the log entry you quote says “Predicted,” which means that it refers to SpamSieve analyzing an incoming message to decide whether it’s spam. After you use the “SpamSieve - Train as Good” command, the log entry would be “Trained: Good (Manual).”

Or are you referring to incoming good messages not being delivered to the proper inbox? Again, the SpamSieve rule shouldn’t come into play there, because it moves the spam messages to the Spam mailbox and leaves the other messages alone.

This is what I’m referring to. All new messages from inbox #2, 3 and 4 are moved to the Spam folder and left there marked unread, even when the log file shows that they are not spam.

But I found the problem: I am an idiot.

A rule that comes after SpamSieve was erroniously moving files into my Spam mailbox. How it got there is news to me, but I’m sure I put it in there two years ago when I was setting up Mail and doing a first crack at spam mitigation. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the false alarm.