An extra little link at the bottom of imported email snippets

I have the esoteric setting set so that selected text in Mail that is captured via the Service comes in as .rtf rather than as a web archive.

I notice at the bottom of such messages there is a useless link to nowhere of the form:

x-msg://634/

Is there a way of not having that imported? There is no use to be made of that link, right?

A suggestion for future consideration! It might be nice to have the drop pad and/or service have a further selection menu saying where you would like the snippet to end up.

Another suggestion: Is there a way of having a “grab-this-selection” option added to the context-sensitive menu (CNTL+click) when selecting text or part of a web page somewhere?

Thanks,

doug

Right. With text from a Web page the link would be useful, but in this case it isn’t. I’ll address this in the next version.

This is on the to-do list.

I don’t think so, although the keyboard shortcut should be available in all applications.

I bet that you could rig up On My Command to do this somehow, but I don’t know how to execute services from a shell script or an AppleScript offhand.

This is fixed in EagleFiler 1.4.6.

With EagleFiler 1.5 you can hold down the Option key to have it show the Options window.

There seem to be many nice enhancements to 1.5. Thanks very much, Michael!

doug