Thread: IMAP folders

Default IMAP folders

Does Spamsieve work when the messages are placed in other then the inbox imap folders by server-side rules??

Quote Originally Posted by manfredell View Post
    Does Spamsieve work when the messages are placed in other then the inbox imap folders by server-side rules??
    Not automatically. SpamSieve works when the client-side mail program applies the rules to the new messages. As far as I know, all the Mac clients do this automatically only for new messages in the inbox. To apply SpamSieve to other messages, you can select them and tell the mail program to apply the rules to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsai View Post
    Not automatically. SpamSieve works when the client-side mail program applies the rules to the new messages. As far as I know, all the Mac clients do this automatically only for new messages in the inbox. To apply SpamSieve to other messages, you can select them and tell the mail program to apply the rules to them.
    That's what I figured. So to pass all the email thru Spamsieve I have to disable server-side rules...

Quote Originally Posted by manfredell View Post
    That's what I figured. So to pass all the email thru Spamsieve I have to disable server-side rules...
    Yes. It’s the same situation as using Apple Mail’s built-in junk filter.