Efficiently Deleting Errors?

I move some files in Finder (instead of EF). I get errors next time I use EF. How can I most efficiently delete all those errors? I can click on them one at a time, click reveal in Library, delete, and empty trash, but I would like to be able to select all of the errors and say, in effect, “go away, I don’t care.” with a single deletion. I

You can delete all the errors from the window by using Select All and then pressing Delete. There is no way to delete all the missing files from EagleFiler, though; you have to do it one-by-one, unless you already know which folder the files are in, so that you can find them in EagleFiler directly. In this case, I think the best solution is not to move the files using the Finder.

Deleting Errors
Thanks Michael, I was afraid that was the answer. Unfortunately, I slip once in awhile into working in Finder mode. It does seem to me that if EagelFiler knows the errors, then it knows the file names; and if it knows the file names, then it ought to be possible to delete the related files. Doesn’t seem easy, however. Perhaps in the future. :slight_smile:

Yes, it would be possible, but in most cases I think the recommended course of action is to put the files back into the expected places, rather than to delete EagleFiler’s references to them.

That’s probably true (restoration would be a more common need), but it turns out that I make the mistake of doing things from Finder most frequently when I’m in a special clean-up mood, deleting various things left-and-right. When I do that, much of what I delete is not in any EF folder. But some is, and the problem then arises. Oh well.

OK, I will make a note to try to make deletion easier.