Entourage X and SpamSieve

Hi,
I’m new to this program and have been using Entourage X v:10.1.6 OSX V:10.4.9 and SpamSieve V: 2.5 I’m not sure I have got it installed right and have had a couple of issues. I never saw maybe I need to read the insturctions again but I never knew I needed to install the scripts, I did that then I imported the address book which I don’t remember but I got that done. Then I found it kind of unclear how to set up a rule in my verson on Entourage X. I have attached a couple of images that I captured from my set up. I kept getting a error message. After researching that I found I needed to delete the subfolder in my deleted folder which I did and then redirect the move command to a Junk E Mail sub folder that I made in my inbox. That stopped the error but now I noticed that the Junk E Mail folder has reappeared in the deleted Items folder? Any way can you look at those images and tell me if I need to change anything else. SpamSieve seems to be learning and catching things as I go. It seems that all the clear instructions are for Entourage 2004 I usually don’t have any rules set so just junk mail rule suits me fine.

Thanks

John

The Entourage instructions apply to Entourage v.X as well as Entourage 2004. Installing the scripts is Step 3. Some steps only apply to Entourage 2004, and say so.

In order for the rule to work, it must look like the one shown here. In particular, you need to delete your rule action that says “Move message Junk Mail.” This action will have the effect of moving all the messages to the Junk Mail folder, regardless of whether SpamSieve thinks they’re spam.

Thanks for the help. That image shows what was wrong I’m sure. I have deleted that rule. It was there by default and then I ran the script. I will let you know if that fix’s my problem.

Thanks

John