SPAMSIEVE - stopping shutdown

I have a Macbook Pro running OSX 10.5.1 and Spamsieve 2.6.5. I have had problems recently with not being able to shut down properly (something preventing normal shutdown) - meaning I have to force a shutdown and get the error message when I next boot up.

Recently I have rebuilt my Macbook Pro from scratch and as I have added software I have tested this issue load by load. It only reoccurrred when I reinstalled Spamsieve. I removed all the Spamsieve components - problem went away. Reloaded, problem returned.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Neil

Please open SpamSieve’s Statistics window and tell me how many words are in the corpus. Also, I will send you a pre-release version of SpamSieve that may fix this problem.

Michael,

Thanks for your very prompt response and the updated copy. I only had 303 words in the Corpus (as I have been repeatedly removing and reloading SpamSieve). I want to try a controlled experiment to rule out any other cause.

I have removed SpamSieve again and can now shut down properly. Over the next 24 hours I will try many starts and shutdowns to make sure I can do that consistently. If that’s OK I will reload SpamSieve (new version) and see what happens.

I’ll post back tomorrow.

thanks

Neil

SpamSieve 2.6.6 works around a performance bug in Leopard that I think was responsible for SpamSieve being slow to quit.