Splitting [Score] and [Color/Spam] Rules

Quick question. I’m getting a TON of spam/garbage email from a mailing list I manage (list-owner@<mydomain>.com (literally over a thousand ever couple days). While I work on killing off that list and moving to a more secure mailing list, can I modify my SpamSieve rule “order” from

SpamSieve [Score]
SpamSieve [Blue]
SpamSieve [Gray]
Spamsieve [Score]

to look like

SpamSieve [Score]
Kill all email to "bounces@somelist.com"
SpamSieve [Blue]
SpamSieve [Gray]
Spamsieve [Score]

Will the fact that I have a non-SpamSieve rule as the second rule affect SpamSieve’s operation?

Thanks,

Steve

You should not have two [Score] rules. Perhaps you meant for the last one to be [Spam]?

Your second rule will work the way you expect it to, but I do not recommend setting it up like that. The problem is that you will have no way of knowing whether SpamSieve made any mistakes with the bounces@somelist.com messages, and therefore you won’t be able to correct it, and the accuracy will decline. It would be better to:

1. Put your bounces@somelist.com rule above all the SpamSieve rules, so that those messages are deleted without even being shown to SpamSieve, or:
  2. Add a SpamSieve blocklist rule for messages to bounces@somelist.com so that SpamSieve classifies them as spam (and colors them Blue).

Whoops… You’re right. The last one is actually [Spam], not [Score]. I have to watch my “typing” a little more carefully…

I’ll choose your “first” option, as I don’t want to see them in my Spam box at all (which I review about once a week for training purposes).

Thanks again for such an awesome product. It would be a true PITA to have to manually sort through ~1,000 spam messages each day. I’d love to meet some of those idiots who send/design spam/spambots in a dark alley someday… :wink:

Steve