PDA

View Full Version : spam attachments in Eudora

barefoot
08-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Just when I thought it couldn't get more evil, my spam now comes with attachments. Is there a way to have these attachments automatically trashed, or downloaded to a different place than where Eudora puts the attachments from legit email?

(For instance: right now I have attachments just go to my Desktop. Lately it's getting blanketed with junk attachments. Can I have the junk attachments go to a "Trash Me" folder, or right to the Trash?)

I tried this Eudora filter: If incoming has Junk Score > 70, Move Attachments to "Trash Me." But it doesn't work -- I'm guessing because SpamSieve grabs the spam before the filter can run?

Mac OS 10.4, Eudora 6.2.3 Paid, SpamSieve 2.6.3. Thanks for any tips!

Michael Tsai
08-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Is there a way to have these attachments automatically trashed, or downloaded to a different place than where Eudora puts the attachments from legit email?

Not that I’m aware of. However perhaps you could use the Trash attachments with messages (http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/mac_settings/attachments/attachments.html) option so that the spammy attachments will be deleted when you delete the corresponding messages.

I tried this Eudora filter: If incoming has Junk Score > 70, Move Attachments to "Trash Me." But it doesn't work -- I'm guessing because SpamSieve grabs the spam before the filter can run?

Eudora doesn’t apply filters to messages that a junk plug-in (such as SpamSieve) classified as spam.

barefoot
08-08-2007, 03:41 PM
However perhaps you could use the Trash attachments with messages option so that the spammy attachments will be deleted when you delete the corresponding messages.

I didn't want to do this because of how it would affect my legit mail attachments, but because you linked to the Eudora help for that feature, I looked and learned that legit attachments are safe if you move them from the download location. So -- I think that would indeed help, and thank you for going the extra mile in your reply!