A "comment" field

As I add rules to the lists, I’m finding a need for a single comment field accessible from both the Whitelist and Blocklist. Any chance of that?

Hopefully,
humanengr

I don’t understand what you mean. Could you give an example of what you’re trying to accomplish?

On occasion, I manually add rules. As the rule set becomes more complex, it becomes more difficult to keep track of the additions I’ve already made.

When I consider adding a new rule, I want to see how it fits with my prior additions. (Sometimes the rule I’m considering is closely related to some rules I had previously added, some to the Whitelist and others to the Blocklist.)

So, I’d like to have a way to keep track of which rules I’ve added. What I was suggesting was that the program provide a way to access one comment file that was common to both the Whitelist and the Blocklist.

But, having given the design options a bit more thought, I’m now favoring having the program mark rules as “user-added/user-modified” vs. “automatically generated by Spamsieve” so they could be sorted (in the same manner as the on/off column). I don’t care how that attribute would be marked – whatever allows for sorting – either 1) a column indicating User or Spamsieve or 2) a style, say, italics, or ?? — it doesn’t matter what, as long as the attribute is sortable so I can see User rules segregated from Spamsieve rules.

Aha. I thought you might be wanting a comment field per rule so that you could make notes about each rule (this was something I’d been considering), but I didn’t understand why you wanted one common comment area.

I’m glad that will work for you because it’s already on my to-do list. :slight_smile:

That’s great! Looking forward to it!