PDA

View Full Version : SpamSieve inactivated with OS X 10.4.8 combo update

Halfin
03-11-2007, 03:30 PM
I downloaded and installed SpamSieve two days ago. Today I installed the OS X combo update which said it inactivated SpamSieve. Will there be an update shortly, or will it just require a reinstall?

Michael Tsai
03-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I downloaded and installed SpamSieve two days ago. Today I installed the OS X combo update which said it inactivated SpamSieve. Will there be an update shortly, or will it just require a reinstall?

Re-launching the SpamSieve application should be all that you need to do, but if not you can choose “Install Apple Mail Plug-In” from the SpamSieve menu.

Halfin
03-11-2007, 04:45 PM
plug-in. Seems to be working OK now.

By the Way, I'm a single user, not a business, so I don't get hundreds of emails a day. Thirty to fifty seems to be my daily average. I'm waiting to accumulate a couple of hundred to train SpamSieve. Do you think two hundred is a good start, or would one hundred be too few?

Michael Tsai
03-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm waiting to accumulate a couple of hundred to train SpamSieve. Do you think two hundred is a good start, or would one hundred be too few?

I don’t see any reason to wait. You can use whatever spams you have, along with a suitable number of good messages (http://c-command.com/spamsieve/manual-ah/using-spamsieve-with-yo), in the initial training. From the on, SpamSieve will automatically learn from new messages that you receive, and you can just train it when it makes a mistake.