Recently upgraded to Office 2011 from Entourage 2004, big problems with imap now

Hi,

I’ve really confused what’s going on. Last week I upgraded from Office 2004 to Office 2011 Mac. I reconfigured the spamseive mail rules as per the documentation. I think I did it correctly.

The problem I’m having is that my imap Gmail account is all screwed up and I don’t have a clue what is going on. when I click on “All Mail” in my Gmail imap acct in Outlook, I literally see good email come in but then it immediately leaves the inbox and I’m not even sure where it’s going. I think it’s going into the Outlook junk folder. I do have Outlook junk filter turned off.

I have what appears to be multiple instances of the same email over and over again too.

I’m quite overwhelmed at the moment by what’s going on and am hoping I just have a simple mis-configuration issue.

I’m not sure how else to explain what’s going on but if anyone has any ideas, I sure would appreiate some help.

Michael

In Outlook 2011, the SpamSieve - Set Category rule should be set so that it’s only applied to messages in the inbox (see screenshot below).

When accessing Gmail via IMAP, it’s normal to have multiple copies of each message (one per Gmail label). I think it’s generally easiest to ignore the “All Mail” folder entirely.

Michael, Wow you are amazingly fast.

I’m trashing the rules and starting all over again. I think I must have screwed up the rules since I have both POP and imap that I’m configuring.

I’ll let you know if I get it right this time.

Michael