PDA

View Full Version : Spamsieve integration w/ Eudora

humanengr
02-28-2007, 10:46 PM
I'd like to run my Eudora 6.0 'known good' filters before Spamsieve, and a number of other Eudora filters after Spamsieve. Is that possible? Will it be? If not, please consider this a vote for that in an upcoming release.

humanengr

Michael Tsai
03-01-2007, 12:37 AM
I'd like to run my Eudora 6.0 'known good' filters before Spamsieve, and a number of other Eudora filters after Spamsieve. Is that possible?

No. SpamSieve is implemented as a Eudora junk filter plug-in, and Eudora always runs junk plug-ins before any of the other filters. If you don’t want it to do this, please tell Qualcomm. If you have “known good” filters, I suggest that you re-create them as whitelist rules in SpamSieve.

Ian
03-20-2007, 09:56 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you can use the SpamSieve Eudora Helper Applescript instead of the plugin and SpamSieve will filter mail after Eudora filters have run.

Michael Tsai
03-20-2007, 09:59 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you can use the SpamSieve Eudora Helper Applescript instead of the plugin and SpamSieve will filter mail after Eudora filters have run.

That’s correct, although I don’t recommend using the Helper unless for some reason you must use Eudora 5, because the scripting the interface that the Helper relies upon is unreliable and has limitations (http://c-command.com/spamsieve/manual-ah/eudora-limitations).