multiple emails on Mac and iPad

After installing according to directions I am getting multiple copies of every email that comes in, one had over 400 by the time I discovered it. It is happening on my MAC and on my iPad. It is very to delete them and they keep coming back. help

I don’t think this is due to SpamSieve, as it doesn’t ever copy messages. However, if you want to know this for sure, you could temporarily disable SpamSieve and see if that helps. To do that, just uncheck the “SpamSieve” rule that you created in Mail’s Preferences window. Or you could uninstall SpamSieve entirely.

Not being able to delete a message indicates either a problem with Mail or with your server (me.com). Problems with Mail’s database can be fixed by quitting Mail, then renaming the file:

/Users/<username>/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/Envelope Index

to “Envelope Index Old” and re-launching Mail so that it builds a new one. (Under Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, you need to hold down the Option key when accessing the Finder’s Go menu in order to open the Library folder. Then open the Mail folder, then V2, then MailData to find the Envelop Index file.)

The problem was that the user had created another rule, unrelated to SpamSieve, that redirected messages to his own address. This was the cause of the many duplicate messages.