Unable to Send Email with 2.87 Update

Since upgrading to the latest version of SpamSieve (2.87) this morning, all new outgoing emails ‘bounce’ once (a visual behavior of Lion, I assume) and then ‘freeze’ (I am unable to close them).

When I eventually close and restart Mail, they appear in the drafts folder. I am unable to send them from there as the behavior persists.

I am using OS X Lion 10.7.1 and Apple Mail.

I don’t think this is related to SpamSieve, but if you want to be sure you could uncheck the SpamSieve rule in Mail’s preferences and remove the file:

/Users/<username>/Library/Mail/Bundles/SpamSieve.mailbundle

(To open the Library folder under Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, go to the Go menu in the Finder and hold down the Option key.)

Resolved
I followed your steps and nothing different happened. So I quit Mail and then tried it. Same response. So I then re-enabled SpamSieve (and added back in the SpamSieve folder in the Library) and everything is working again (I can send emails without them hiding in the ‘drafts’ folder).

Not sure who is/was at fault (I know it wasn’t me :), but I find it interesting that the behavior started immediately upon completing the upgrade to 2.8.7 – related or not – and I have never had this happen before.

I appreciate the quick response!