Contextual Menu and Mail

Are there any plans to add a right-click contextual menu option to allow us to train SpamSieve within Mail? I have the message preview pane open below my message list, and it would be wonderful to be able to right-click on the message in the top pane and be able to instruct SpamSieve to train on the message. I know I can access the menu for those options, but right-clicking has become much more accepted in the Mac world, and seems a logical extension.

…or can SpamSieve already do that and I have something messed up in my settings?

Michael, this is a phenomenal product, and I really appreciate your long-term commitment and support over the years!

–> John

Yes.

Thanks!

Excellent, and thanks for the quick reply!

–> John

Any news on this planned contextual menu from 12 years ago??

It is a priority for 3.0.

Awesome, thanks.

Will 3.0 be coming out soon?

I’m working on it now. It will be out when it’s ready.

Just found this thread - thanks for all the great features of 3.0! I don’t see the Mail.app contextual menu option to train emails as good or spam though. This is very important to me - I don’t want to select an email before marking it as spam, causing remote images to load and therefore letting the spammers ID that they have a “good” email account. My workaround is to turn on Block All Remote Content temporarily, but that is very tedious. Hope this can be implemented soon.

After investigating this more for 3.0, it ended up being more difficult than expected to get the contextual menu command to operate on the correct messages. And then (with Sonoma) Apple removed the ability to customize the contextual menu in Mail. So this feature is not going to happen.

If you are concerned about Web bugs, you can now train from SpamSieve’s Log window (which does not load remote images) or use or the drone setup and drag (or use the contextual menu) to move the message to the TrainSpam mailbox.

1 Like