This piece of software continues to NOT WORK

No offence to the developer but this piece of software does not work!

I have two accounts, a corporate email which i don’t want spamsieved (as we use MessageLabs’ corporate service), and a mac mail, both on Mail. It took ages how to figure out how to not spamsieve the corporate account.

However now any legitimate emails on the Mac account ALL get moved to the Spam folder. Including those that i email myself from my work email as reminders to read up later, amazon receipts, itunes receipts, store purchases, my AMEX statements, etc etc. Literally all legit email. All of which i have trained as good at least 50 times but still no joy.

With Apple Mail, if you only want SpamSieve to filter messages from certain accounts, change the rule in Step 3 so that instead of saying “Message Type is Mail” it says “Account A, Account B, etc.” with one line for each account that you want filtered.

However, I see no reason that you would need to exclude the corporate account. People commonly use SpamSieve to catch the spams that their server-side filter missed.

It sounds like something isn’t set up properly in your mail program. Please see the Why is every message going to the Spam mailbox? page or the What information should I include when I report a problem? page if you need additional help.

Incidentally, it looks like we discussed these same issues last year, but I didn’t hear back from you.

Last year i followed your advice and managed to remove the account A from being scanned. Then i had complications because i had SpamSieve installed on both my iMac and MacBook Pro. Had to uninstall from MacBook Pro. Now, i don’t understand why all emails i email from account A (at work) to account B at home (things to bookmark or save) all get spammed, when i’ve specifically trained myself to be a good sender. And so on with all legitimate mail. Some amazon confirmations arrive, some get spammed. Also the interface of this software is unable, i really don’t see how people use it intuitively. I’m the global IT director for a private equity firm and i can use all kinds of technologies like vmeware, riverbed, clusters, ms servers etc… this piece of software however i simply cannot. I wonder if cloud based systems do a much better work with less fidly hassle.

I’m not sure what you mean here. There’s no problem with running SpamSieve on multiple Macs. However, if they’re both filtering the same mail account it’s advisable to turn off auto-training.

I’d be happy to help you with this if you could send in your log file.

For nearly all users, nearly all of the time, all you need to do is use the train as good/spam commands in your mail program. That’s about as simple as it could possibly get.

There’s probably something else going on here that would be evident from your log file. For example, if you train a message from yourself as good, SpamSieve will classify all future messages from that address as good. However, maybe you also trained a message from yourself as spam. Or maybe some other filter or rule is moving these messages to the Spam mailbox despite what SpamSieve thinks.