Train as Good Script Crashing??

OS X 10.4.11
Apple Mail 2.1.3 (753.1)
SpamSieve 2.8.1

I received an incoming email that was classified as Spam in error. I am trying to use the Train as Good to train SpamSieve and move the good message back to my inbox, but nothing happens when choosing Train as Good from the Message menu.

The following error is generated in console.log:

2010-04-03 17:01:12.465 Mail[275] SpamSieve Mail Plug-In: Relaunching scriptrunner.
Apr 3 17:01:14 NOR-MacBook-Pro crashdump[295]: scriptrunner crashed
Apr 3 17:01:14 NOR-MacBook-Pro crashdump[295]: crash report written to: /Users/roemer/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/scriptrunner.crash.log

The above-referenced scriptrunner.crash.log contains the following entry:

Path: /Users/roemer/Library/Mail/Bundles/SpamSieve.mailbundle/Contents/Resources/scriptrunner
0x1000 - 0x2fff scriptrunner /Users/roemer/Library/Mail/Bundles/SpamSieve.mailbundle/Contents/Resources/scriptrunner

I have tried restarting Apple Mail and SpamSieve, reinstalling the Apple Mail Plug-In from the SpamSieve menu, and running the SpamSieve Change Settings routine from the Apple Mail Message menu. The problem persists.

Any ideas?

How large is this e-mail? Does the problem occur for all messages that you try to train, or just this one?

Is that the entire contents of the crash log file? It might help to uninstall any third-party scripting additions.

This email does have a 3MB attachment, and is the first message with which I’ve had a problem using Train as Good. If the problem is with the message size, then is there a workaround for this?

I was just able to use Train as Spam with no problem.

Not that I’m aware of. I think the source of the problem is a bug in Mac OS X. I haven’t seen it with more recent version.

So, just to clarify, you’re saying that the reason for the problem is the attachment size (or just having an attachment at all?), and that there is no work around?

I was just able to use Train as Good on another message with no problems, but that one didn’t have any attachments.

What should I do to “untrain” SpamSieve, since it originally classified this good message as Spam and Train as Good doesn’t work on it?

I’m saying that the reason for the problem is a bug in Mac OS X 10.4.11, which I hypothesize is related to attachment size. A workaround would be to update to a newer version of Mac OS X.

There’s no easy way for you to do this. If it’s just this one message, I’d ignore it.