Update Check

Spam Sieve now checks for updates each morning (which is a good thing), but it also pops up a dialog and bounces the icon in the dock even when there isn’t a new update. Is there a way to have it only notify my when there is an update, instead of every time it checks?

The expected behavior is that it will only notify you when there’s an update. What does the dialog say? Are you sure that you’re running the latest version?

It says “No update is available, You already have the latest version of SpamSieve.”
I am running 2.8.1

I’m not sure what would be causing this. Does it show the window and sheet immediately after you launch SpamSieve? Every time you launch it?

Which version of Mac OS X do you have? Are you running any AppleScript editors? Does it help if you turn off Quit when mail client quits? Please contact me via e-mail, and I’ll send you a test version of SpamSieve to try to resolve this.

I keep SpamSieve & Mail running always. It usually pops up in the morning.
Mac OS X 10.6.2. I will turn off Quit when mail client quits and see if that helps.

Is your mail program constantly running, too? Does it pop-up if you quit SpamSieve and re-launch it?

Yes, Mail is always running also.
I quit and restarted SpamSieve, but no pop-up as of yet. It usually doesn’t pop-up until the next scheduled update check.