SpamSieve stopped working two days ago

After working perfectly for a few years, two days ago it stopped putting any messages in my Junk folder. I checked the log and no spam has been identified since 11/20. There are a series of console messages like this:

11/20/09 9:12:02 PM [0x0-0x15015].com.ambrosiasw.snapz[162] Fri Nov 20 21:12:02 Laptopname-2.local Snapz Pro X[162] <Error>: kCGErrorInvalidOperation: _CGSFindSharedWindow: WID 12041

This sounds like one of the frequently asked questions. Please see the Why is SpamSieve not catching my spam? page.

Still not working
None of these look like my problem, but I still rechecked Entourage rules, SpamSieve setup, etc. There was only one, not two, rules in Entourage Rules for SpamSieve, so I added a second.

I don’t understand how setting change suddenly by themselves. I haven’t downloaded new software or changed settings recently. Here’s the latest error message:

11/22/09 11:51:45 AM [0x0-0x15015].com.ambrosiasw.snapz[162] Sun Nov 22 11:51:45 Laptopname-2.local Snapz Pro X[162] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSGetWindowLevel

Did you check the log?

“The Open Log section describes how you can look at SpamSieve’s log to determine whether this is what’s happening. If you need help interpreting the log, or if you just want to report some troublesome spam messages, please see the What information should I include when I report a problem? section.”

They don’t.

This is from Snapz Pro X. I don’t think it’s related to SpamSieve.

Checked the log
The log has no entries since 11/20 when messages stopped being moved. It simply says:

Launched: 2.7.5
Date: 2009-11-22 11:39:54 -0500

I suspect this happened when I turned the Application off and on earleir today.

I thought you said that you checked the setup in Entourage. If there are no log entries, that would seem to indicate that you didn’t do the test.

I did the test
It did not change the status of the message. It did not move the message.

What happens if you do the test, but in step 4 you choose “SpamSieve - Move If Spam” from the Scripts menu rather than using Apply Rule?

What happens if…
I had SpamSieve install Entourage Scripts (before you replied), and now when I “Train Spam” an item, it immediately moves to the Junk folder. I still haven’t seen any new mail go directly to Junk yet, but I haven’t received any Junk mail in the past few hours…

It worked!
A new item just came in and went to Junk. Thanks for your help!