SpamSieve keeps crashing, bringing down Mail.app

SpamSieve keeps crashing, bringing down Mail.app

I am not sure of what the problem is, because it has been working fine for ages.

Help ? :slight_smile:

What makes you say that SpamSieve is crashing? The crash log that you’ve attached is from Mail, and it looks like Mail’s own junk mail filter caused the crash. It would probably help to quit Mail and then delete the file:

/Users/<username>/Library/Mail/LSMMap2

[solved]

Well, without the plugin Mail.app works fine, and when I add the plugin it crashes. So… :slight_smile:

it looks like Mail’s own junk mail filter caused the crash. It would probably help to quit Mail and then delete the file:

/Users/<username>/Library/Mail/LSMMap2

Hum, that’s interesting. I am not using Mail.app’s junk filter at all, but it would have an impact anyway?

I did what you suggest, and my problem seems to be solved. Thanks a lot, that was fast :slight_smile:

When you wrote “SpamSieve” I thought you meant the application, since that’s the only process on your Mac with “SpamSieve” in the name.

SpamSieve tells Mail which messages it thinks are spam (so Mail can avoid loading remote images for them), and this causes Mail to update its junk filter.

The spamsieve bundle in osx mail has been crashing mail within seconds of opening the application for me since the 2.7.6 update. I’m running OSX 10.5.7, and spamSieve 2.7.5 was solid.

Any chance you can host the 2.7.5 previous version so I can get spam blocking back? Maybe 2.76 works for 10.6, but it’s crushing me.

How do you know that the SpamSieve plug-in is causing Mail to crash? Could you post the most recent Mail crash log from the folder:

/Users/<username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/

? Most likely, the crash is not caused by the new version of the plug-in, or even by the plug-in itself, so I think it’s best to take a direct look rather than blindly reinstalling.

When the bundle is installed, Mail crashes on startup, and dies with a popup error saying that SpamSieve might have been the cause. When it’s not installed, it doesn’t crash. I’ll send the log when back on that mac. Installed vs uninstalled is my primary cause for saying it’s the new bundle. Separately, the spamsieve application runs reliably.

Error log attached.
Error log is attached.

This looks like the same issue that the previous poster had.