SpamSieve 2.7.2

The following was posted on the SpamSieve blog:

SpamSieve has been updated to version 2.7.2. This is a free update that includes the following changes:

• Made various accuracy improvements.
  • Improved compatibility with pre-release versions of Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). There are now two separate versions of SpamSieve’s Apple Mail plug-in. Version 1.3 is for Mac OS X 10.4; version 1.4 is for Mac OS X 10.5 and later. SpamSieve will auto-choose which one to install (or update) based on the version of Mac OS X that you’re running.
  • Added new sections to the manual about Whitelisting Previous Recipients and iPhone Spam Filtering. Expanded the Auto-train with incoming mail section.
  • Worked around a problem where the Edit Log command would try to open SpamSieve’s log using Script Editor if Launch Services was confused.
  • Rewrote filesystem code to improve performance and error reporting.
  • If there’s an error getting the downloads folder for a software update, SpamSieve now defaults to Downloads rather than Desktop.
  • Worked around a problem where training (using Apple Mail on Mac OS X 10.5) could be interrupted.
  • Added Korean localization.
  • Moved .nib files that don’t need localization out of the English.lproj folder. This should make it easier to run SpamSieve in a language other than English without changing the default language on your Mac.
  • Fixed some small memory leaks.
  • Improved reporting of unexpected errors.
  • Added placeholder text to the Purchase window.
  • Added Help
    button to the Software Update window.

Thx for the update!

What i like to see it a SpamSieve menubaricon and no Dockicon please :slight_smile:

Hiding the Dock icon is already possible. I’m working on making this easier.

Ok that is good news! :wink:

Btw, building in a menubaricon is no option?

I haven’t decided yet. Most people seem to want to hide the icon entirely, and personally I think putting an icon in the menu bar makes it more prominent than in the Dock.

I actually prefer to hide from the dock and to have a menubar icon. So much so, I registered on this forum just to say so :wink:

Noted, thanks.

Michael,

When you figure out how to add the SpamSieve icon to the Customize Icons drop down, please let me know a bit of the details (via email if you don’t mind). I am attempting to create a plugin for Mail to do the same.

p.s. I also agree with John that a menu bar icon would be less intrusive than the Dockicon.

Thank you,

Wynne

SpamSieve 2.7.2 and Panther/Leopard
I have today finally bit the bullet and loaded OS 10.5.4 Panther. I have spamsieve 2.7.2 on the machine but am getting a dialog box saying that it is not compatible with Panther and to contact the software supplier. What have I done wrong?

Mac OS X 10.5 is Leopard. Mac OS X 10.3 is Panther. Which does it show when you choose About This Mac from the Apple menu?

If you have Panther, SpamSieve 2.7.2 is too new, but you can run an older version.

If you have Leopard, you can use SpamSieve 2.7.2, but you may need to re-install the Apple Mail plug-in.

SpamSieve
All cats are black in the dark :wink: Leopard it is then
Thank you, re-installing the plug in did the trick

metalmickey

These are available in SpamSieve 3.