Spam email with attachments

Hi,

I have been receiving alot of spam and they use small .gif files instead of text in the body of the message. Is there anyway to train SpamSieve to catch those?

Thanks

John

Yes, SpamSieve will automatically learn to catch these if you tell it that they’re spam.

Hi,

I have been training my SpamSieve to weed out spam with attachments like those ones that are imbeded in your email. However it has started filtering messages that are good and labeling them as Junk. This person that sent me the attachment a Photoshop file .psd is in my address book as well. I thought the program is to allow those in your address book? I even have traied them as not spam and it still dumps them into the junk mail

Thanks

John

Messages from people in your address book should be classified as good, even without training. It sounds to me like something isn’t set up properly. Please check the log to see whether SpamSieve is predicting the messages to be spam. If so, then it should say why; if not, then you’ll know that some other rule in your mail program is responsible.

Also, please keep in mind that if you’re using Entourage v.X and want to use its address book, you’ll need to check the Use Entourage Address Book preference and click the Load button.

Looking at your other post it seems the problem is an incorrect rule in Entourage. You’ve set it up to move every message to the Junk Mail folder without consulting SpamSieve.