EagleFiler 1.5.8 is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- EagleFiler can now import rich text copied or dragged from Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Made various optimizations to improve the responsiveness of the user interface, particularly when resizing the main browser window.
- Searches by Filename, Title, From, and To/Cc, as well as matching in smart folders, are now diacritic-insensitive. For example, you can now search for resume and find résumé. (Anywhere and Notes searches have always been diacritic-insensitive.)
- Added the Copy Filename, Copy File Path, and Copy File URL AppleScripts.
- Added support for Growl notifications via GNTP (requires Mac OS X 10.7 or later).
- When printing an image, EagleFiler will now center it and scale it down, as necessary, to fit the paper.
- The Import From Apple Mail script now works in Full Screen mode on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- EagleFiler now skips importing temporary files for Microsoft Excel and invisible files from IntegrityChecker.
- Tried to work around a bug in Mac OS X 10.6 that could cause EagleFiler to open multiple copies of the same library.
- The update checksum script command is now synchronous, and it gains an optional for parameter that takes a list of records. This is much faster for bulk operations.
- When rebuilding a library, EagleFiler now restores all the tags, not just the ones that were in use.
- EagleFiler is better at checking fallback locations when reading OpenMeta tags.
- EagleFiler is better at handling errors when setting OpenMeta tags.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler could crash after a token field malfunction.
- Fixed a bug importing the selected Web text from newer versions of Safari Reader.
- Fixed a bug displaying e-mail messages when the Source URL column was shown.
- Fixed a bug where the color of newly created tags could be set to white instead of black.
- Fixed a bug where the wrong tag could be applied if you clicked a checkbox in the Tags inspector while renaming a tag.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to a tag temporarily not showing in the source list after changing its position in the hierarchy.
- EagleFiler’s reporting of unexpected errors is now more detailed and more robust.
- The Importing Mail From Outlook section of the manual now explains how to use a smart folder to capture mail from multiple Outlook folders at once.
- The manual now specifically recommends telling iWork applications to include previews with their documents.
- The direct build of EagleFiler is now code-signed, too.
- Cache folders for EagleFiler’s helper tools now have a reverse domain name prefix.
- The preferences for the Apple Mail capture script are now stored in the main EagleFiler preferences file.
- Launched applications no longer inherit EagleFiler’s Python environment variables, which could cause problems if they also used Python.
For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.
2012-01-24: EagleFiler 1.5.8 was submitted to the Mac App Store.
2012-01-26: EagleFiler 1.5.8 is now available from the Mac App Store.