EagleFiler 1.5.7 is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- Added support for Growl 1.3.
- Added support for importing hierarchies of mailboxes from Apple Mail on Mac OS X 10.7 via drag and drop from the Finder.
- The Import From Instapaper via NetNewsWire script lets you quickly import all your new Instapaper articles into EagleFiler.
- The Replace in Filenames (Regex) script lets you batch-rename files using regular expressions.
- On Mac OS X 10.7, EagleFiler supports emoji tag abbreviation pictures.
- Various operations, such as arrow-keying through the records list, are faster and more responsive.
- EagleFiler can now display previews for OmniGraffle documents that are internally compressed.
- Added the PrefersRichText esoteric preference, which can be used if you want the EagleFiler: Import service, Import From Clipboard, and New Record ‣ From Clipboard to create plain text files instead of rich text files.
- The commands in the Go menu now bring the focus to the source list for more predictable keyboard navigation.
- Improved capturing of large batches of messages from Microsoft Outlook.
- The Info inspector can now be opened via Command-I as well as Command-Option-I.
- Records now have a universal type identifier scripting property, which should make certain kinds of AppleScripts much easier to write.
- Pressing the Esc key will now cancel editing in the source list or records list (for consistency with Finder).
- Clarified the error message when importing non-standard-format archive mailboxes from Apple Mail.
- You can now use the ImportSkipFilenamePattern default to specify a regular expression. When EagleFiler imports a folder, any files whose names match the pattern will be skipped.
- EagleFiler no longer maintains the same default note text between multiple invocations of Capture with options. This behavior can be reversed via the RememberCaptureNotesState default.
- Fixed a bug where, in rare cases, files imported via the To Import folder were incorrectly thought to be duplicates if they had the same names as files that had been previously imported and recently moved.
- Fixed a bug where an AppleScript would hang if it tried to start a scan for new files while another scan was already in progress.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler sometimes thought that files whose names ended with a period were missing.
- Fixed a bug reporting Spotlight importer errors.
- Fixed a bug where the contents of the Quick Look window weren’t always updated before it was shown, leading to flicker.
- Fixed a bug importing locally stored Web pages.
- Fixed a problem with saved view state and Full Screen mode.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash if there was an internal error launching a helper tool.
- Fixed a bug where the = character wasn’t always treated as a word separator in phrase searches.
- Added logging to help track down tag completion errors.
- Updated the French localization.
- Added a 1024×1024 application icon.
For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.
2011-12-07: EagleFiler 1.5.7 was submitted to the Mac App Store.
2011-12-12: EagleFiler 1.5.7 is now available from the Mac App Store.